Saturday, January 12, 2013

Recipe presented by Clarissa

Results this week were definitely not what we were expecting and for some of us, disappointing. However, we've all committed to having a no-gain week next week and are going to do our best to meet this group goal!

This week's results:

  • Jerusha - maintained (I'm changing my goal of eating a treat under 150 cal... My will power is not strong enough to allow myself any junk yet. My new goal is to track my food every day and to keep a 1,000 calorie deficit for each day.)
  • Rebecca - lost 2 (nice work!)
  • Clarissa - gained 2.6
  • Jason - gained 3.4
  • Crystal - lost 0.2 (yay!)
Clarissa was in charge of bringing a recipe this week to share with us all. She found her recipe on allrecipes.com for  

Cranberry Waldorf Salad
Original recipe makes 9 - 1/2 cup servings 
  • 1/3 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 (8 ounce) container vanilla yogurt (Clarissa uses a carb master vanilla yogurt)
  • Clarissa also thought adding turkey or chicken would be good in this recipe

Directions

  1. Combine cranberries, apple, celery, grapes, raisins, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, and yogurt. (I chop cranberries in a food processor, and it works great). Toss to coat. Cover and chill 2 hours.
  2. Stir just before serving. Garnish with frosted cranberries and mint leaves if desired. For frosted cranberries, wet cranberry and roll in sugar.

2 comments:

  1. I gained a pound. BOO! I walked at least 1.5 miles every day, but I also ate out with my new colleagues. So it didn't even out at all. Also, this week, I lost a close friend to Lupus, so I'm sure I was eating some feelings. I've had a lot of chocolate lately. Back to the drawing board. I'm going to monitor my lunches and get back to tracking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear about your friend :(. Even though she's in a better place, it still makes it hard for those left behind. I'm sure you'll have a better week this week! I think you should join our pledge for a no-gain week... you can absolutely do it!

      Delete