Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Party Recipes

If you're looking for some great healthy recipes for your Christmas parties, stay tuned!

Sorry this post is late! I battled kidney stones all night Friday and all day Saturday... it was no fun! However, my faithful friends came over and weighed themselves in anyways while I was in bed... talk about devotion!

Results for this week:

  • Jerusha +0.4
  • Clarissa +0.4
  • Crystal maintained
  • Jason -1.4
We only had one maintenance and one loss, but the gains weren't too bad. Way to go Jason and Crystal! We'll catch you next week ;)

Great recipes this week!

Mine's easy... found it online:

Ranch Dip

Blend a 12oz container of cottage cheese (I used 2%) and add a ranch spice packet. Mix, chill, and serve with vegetables or crackers. 

It was deceptively good. In fact, a guy was standing there eating it talking about how he didn't like cottage cheese (not knowing that it was cottage cheese). I then asked him if he liked the dip, and he said "Yeah... It's great!" Then I told him the news. Haha! So there ya go... even people who don't like cottage cheese like this dip.

Jason and Clarissa shared the following recipes (all delicious!):

Carrot Cake
  • 1 c. no sugar added apple sauce
  • 1/2 c. egg substitute
  • 6 packets stevia or splenda
  • 1/2 cup sugar-free syrup
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 c. Bobs Red Mills flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 T. cinnamon
  • 3 c. grated carrots
  • 3/4 c. chopped walnuts (opt.)
Combine applesauce, egg, splenda, syrup and vanilla; Blend until smooth. Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon to mixture. Fold in carrots and nuts. Pour into 9x13. Bake at 350 for 30 min.
Add cream cheese frosting to the top: 8oz fat free cream cheese, 6 oz vanilla yogurt, and 4 packets stevia or splenda. (12 servings: 130 cal or 185 cal with nuts)

Hawaiian Cabbage Salad
  • 12 oz bag petite carrots
  • 14 oz bag coleslaw
  • 12 oz bag broccoli slaw
  • 2 c. chopped jicama
  • 1/4 c. sliced almonds
  • 1/4 c. sesame seeds
  • 20 oz can pineapple tidbits (in own juice) drained
  • 1/2 c. raisins
  • 8 oz sesame ginger Litehouse dressing
Combine all ingredients and enjoy :) 

Creamy Cranberry Salad
  • 12 oz fresh cranberries
  • 1 c. splenda
  • 1 large box red sugar-free jello
  • 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
  • 3/4 c. no sugar added orange juice
  • 1 apple with peel grated
  • 1 can mandarin oranges chopped
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/2 c. finely chopped celery (opt.)
  • 1 container light cool whip
  • 8 oz fat-free cream cheese, softened
Process cranberries and combine with splenda.
Boil 3/4 c. water and stir in gelatin and let cool.
Stir cooled gelatin into cranberries and then add everything except the cool whip and cream cheese. Stir and refrigerate over night.
Combine softened cream cheese and cool whip.
Layer 1/2 cranberry mixture on bottom, followed by 1/2 cream cheese mixture, and repeat.

Hope you all had a great week! Give these recipes a try or give us some of your own recipes. Let us know how you're doing... We love hearing from you!!!

1 comment:

  1. So, just as I predicted, it was a fluke. According to the scale, I gained 4.5 pounds this week. BOOOOOO! However, that's with a week where both my husband and I were sick with this horrible crud that's going around down here in the South. So, I'm happy to report that I didn't gain all of the 5 pounds back! :) This is a brand new week, and I'm hoping that results in a loss. I want so badly to be healthy. Sometimes I just feel like my body is fighting me all the way.

    I don't have any good holiday recipes to share, but I've started freezing my own pudding pops in an effort to not eat ice cream. It's pretty good, and since my throat was so bad this week, it was even better. I hope that's helpful for someone. :)

    ReplyDelete