Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Whole foods

Well, I have good and bad news! The bad news is that I blew last weeks challenge! I started out great and did pretty well until Friday night and then over the weekend it was as if I had absolutely no will power whatsoever! AND the scale definitely showed it :p  The good news is that I got ENGAGED on Friday and am now super motivated to work hard so that I can feel good about myself come wedding time:)

I've decided to make this week's challenge about going back to basics. Whole foods are our friend! There's something invigorating about getting rid of all the processed junk we put into our body and eating the foods that God intended us to eat. Not only will I be eating only whole foods, I'll be giving up most condiments and salt and will be eating foods as naturally as possible. The reason I do this is because I learn to love foods for their natural flavor and realize that food is great without a bunch of unhealthy additives.

I realize that everybody is in a different place in their journey for health. Please feel free to adapt these challenges to fit your needs. For instance, this week you could try to replace one of your favorite processed snacks with a fruit or vegetable. Or if condiments are your favorite thing about a baked potato, you could try to cut down on condiments. I'm more die-hard about my challenges than most people only because my body is extremely sensitive to the foods it receives.

Good luck getting back to basics this week!

7 comments:

  1. Jerusha, you look amazing. I am so psyched about your progress. I am totally into being healthy and eating naturally, maybe not to the extreme you are, but I try. I spend most of my days trying to encourage others to live a healthy life...we own a gym and I love seeing others' progress towards 'health'. Keep it up, you are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Paula! I've found I'm more motivated when inspiring others, so your feedback is greatly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, first of all, we need to go for a walk. I'm free Friday. Secondly, I quit sugars, processed foods, salt, and gluten, and I've dropped 18 pounds. So, fellow followers of this bloggety blog, it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work lady! Sadly, I'm not available Friday, but I will call you so we can walk :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does eating the complete serving count as a whole food? For instance, I ate a whole hot dog tonight. Is that considered a whole food?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... let me think about that one. No! Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny... What am I going to do with you? According to your rule, my ice cream on Sunday totally counted as a whole food, actually 2 whole foods. Wow, I did good!

    ReplyDelete