Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Water!!!

So, I did well at last weeks challenge despite the fact that I was extremely dizzy and busy all week! I'm quite sick of being dizzy and I'm trying to evaluate why this might be the case (other than stress:)  In my evaluation, I realized that I've not had even close to enough water since Thursday!!! I've been horribly bloated and have not been in the mood to drink water, not to mention the main source of my diet is fruits and veggies... water just doesn't seem appealing when I'm getting a lot of water in the foods I eat. It's quite humorous to me that I'm even having to think about this because I've always been somewhat of a camel and have never had an issue with getting enough water in.

With that being said, this challenge may be very easy or very difficult for you, but nevertheless very important! Everybody's body needs different amounts of water and your body may even vary from day to day. The very best tell-tale sign that you're getting enough water is making sure your urine is clear. If it's not (other than colors that may occur from vitamins), you're not getting enough water. If you're not sure where to start, some studies say to take your weight (in lbs), divide it by 2 and that's the minimum amount of ounces of water you should be drinking a day. For example, if you weigh 150 lbs, you should be drinking a minimum of 75 oz of water a day. I personally feel that nobody needs more than 100 oz of water, even if you weigh more than 200 lbs, but I'm not a scientist, just a person who has an opinion ;)  While non-caffienated beverages will help you achieve this, I would encourage you to drink water only this week and see how it makes you feel.  Let's get hydrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment